- For the risotto cake, saute the vegetables in a little butter until soft. Put the cous cous in a pan and cover with seasoned water. The water should be approx. 1 ½ inch above the cous cous to allow for liquid reduction. Add the chopped chilli and saffron and boil for approx. 13 minutes stirring frequently to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan. Once cooked, season and pour into a container or tray of a depth of 4cm and allow to cool. Once cooled, cut with a cutter and arrange on a tray.
- Tear the large wild mushrooms into reasonable pieces (do not cut) and slice the cup mushrooms. WASH THOROUGHLY.
- Saute the shallot, carrot and celery in the butter until softened but not coloured. Add the crushed garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer the mushrooms for 5-7 minutes until cooked.
- Reduce down the liquid in the pan until only a little remains. Add the cream and boil. Add the tarragon and then reduce the cream by half to thicken. Season and serve with the risotto cake.
- To heat the risotto cake, heat through the microwave or through the oven. Top with Micro Cress and serve.
Serves 8 to 10
- 500g Mixed Wild Mushrooms
- 1kg Cup Mushrooms
- 2 Shallots (Very Fine Diced)
- 2 Carrots (Very Fine Diced)
- 4 Celery Sticks (Peeled & Very Fined Diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 175ml Dry White Wine
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Tarragon
- 50g Butter