Job Title: Sales Representative
About Sheringhams Fine Foods
Sheringhams is a market-leading food service supplier based in the central, iconic New Covent Garden Market that has been in business since 1998. We supply hotels, restaurants, the healthcare, public and education sectors with fruits, vegetables, dry goods, dairy and frozen produce. Our annual turnover is £20m with delivery coverage of London and the home counties.
We are a vibrant organisation that has seen continued year on year growth and are thus looking to increase and develop our sales team with passionate team players to continue this trend. We are not looking for a 9-5 sales person, we are a hands on company and expect this from our sales team.
As a Sales Representative you will be responsible for securing new business opportunities by identifying high quality leads, proactively establishing relationships with key decision makers, actively ensuring customers’ needs are met and meeting sales targets.
The food service industry is a 24hr industry so to ensure customer needs are met expect on occasions to work unsociable hours.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a thorough network within the Food service industry to establish opportunities.
- Drive the sales cycle from prospect identification to initial customer engagement and ultimately closing the sale.
- Work autonomously and demonstrate initiative to identify and qualify new business prospects.
- Proactively make contact with prospects; learn about their business challenges and requirements in order to establish how Sheringhams Fine Foods can meet these challenges with solutions.
- Develop creative pitches and propositions aimed at specific sectors.
- Proactively follow-up leads that are generated elsewhere in the business.
- Maintain accurate market knowledge and a high level of sector and company knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- As prospects begin to trade, take a hands on approach to ensuring customer satisfaction.
Qualities of a successful applicant:
- An already established network of contacts within the Food service industry
- Proven commercial experience within a telephone based sales environment (ideally with a knowledge of food service, catering or licensed trade environment).
- Empathetic and consultative approach to understanding customers’ needs and introducing suitable solutions.
- Excellent communicator with a clear phone manner that will engage prospective clients.
- Credible business acumen and a hunger for seeking new prospects.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of (and commitment to) excellent customer service.
Salary negotiable based upon experience plus commission paid on sales turnover.