- Set aside 6 whole lychees. Slice the remaining lychees and put into a pan and cover with the water and the 75g of sugar. Boil for 10 minutes to extract the flavor from the lychees. Strain the liquid until you get 225ml of clear liquid.
Place 3 tablespoons of cold water into a small bowl. Sprinkle over the gelatine. Set aside.
- Combine the lychee liquid, cream, milk and 2 tbsp sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved and it just comes to the boil.
- Remove the lychee mixture from the heat and add the gelatine. Stir until the gelatine is fully melted and combined. Remove from heat and stir in the sliced lychees. Cool for about 10 minutes. Pour mixture evenly into 6 glasses.
- Refrigerate until set, about 2-3 hours.
Make up the jelly crystals according to packet instructions. Let the jelly cool slightly before pouring over the set lychee panna cottas. Make sure the jelly is cool, otherwise it may melt the panna cotta.
- Refrigerate until the jelly is set, another 2 hours. Top with reserved lychee pieces before serving.
- 600g Fresh lychees
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 225ml double cream
- 225ml whole milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 250g raspberry jelly crystals
- 300ml Water
- 75g Sugar
- ½ Vanilla Pod Scraped Out