- Scrape the baby golden beetroot to retain the shape and poach in salted water until cooked.
- Very finely slice half the red beetroot and cover with the balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp sugar and leave to macerate overnight to soften slightly.
- With the other half of the red beetroot, dice it and boil just covered with water, a little balsamic and 1 tbsp of sugar. Reduce the liquid down until it has thickened into a syrup. Season and reserve.
- Finely dice the small golden beetroot and poach in seasoned water. Once cooked, refresh and reserve.
- Blend the mixed herbs, olive oil and spinach until smooth. Make up the Gnocchi mix as per the recipe and add 1 tbsp of the mixed herb paste to the Gnocchi paste. Shape and boil the gnocchi until cooked (Approx 2 mins).
- Saute the baby golden beetroot and the diced beetroot in the melted butter until hot and well coloured. Dress the plate as shown above and finish with some beetroot syrup over the Gnocchi.
- Use a small sprinkling of micro herbs to enhance the dish (Micro Basil & Red Beet have been used in the picture)
Serves 8 to 10
- 18 Baby Golden Beetroot
- 1 Small Red Beetroot
- 1 Small Golden Beetroot
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 50g butter
Gnocchi Paste – As Gnocchi Recipe
- Mixed Herbs inc baby spinach
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Sugar
Micro Basil and Micro Red Beet to garnish