- Fit a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Place ¾ of the chocolate in the bowl and stir until fully melted, about 5 minutes. Remove the bowl from the pot and stir in the crystallized ginger and half of the pomegranate seeds into the melted chocolate. Grate the remaining chocolate and stir into the melted chocolate until all chocolate is melted.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour melted chocolate mixture onto the sheet. Use a spatula to smooth the chocolate into one even layer about 1/4 inch thick (it does not need to fill the entire sheet). Sprinkle chocolate with remaining pomegranate seeds and sea salt.
- Chill for 20 to 30 minutes or until firm. Break or cut into pieces and store in an airtight container, separating the layers with wax paper. This is best served the same day it’s made, otherwise condensation may form on the surface.
Fantastic as a garnish to Chocolate or fruit desserts
Serves 4 to 6
- 140grams dark (bittersweet) chocolate pieces (5 ounces)
- 20grams minced crystallized ginger (2 tablespoons)
- 140grams fresh pomegranate seeds (1 cup)
- 6grams flaky sea salt (1 teaspoon)