- Peel and segment the blood oranges reserving any juice that drips from them.
- For the cream, using a whisk beat the marscapone with the sieved icing sugar until smooth. Add the cream and vanilla and continue to whisk until thickened.
- Interleave the fresh blood orange segments with the cream to create rustic layers.
- Warm the honey slightly with any reserved juice from the oranges. Once the syrup is well mixed and warmed through, drizzle over the trifle. Finish with crushed pistachio nuts.
N.B. For and alternative trifle, replace the marscapone cream with Natural Yoghurt and sprinkle with crushed pumpkin seeds or granola.
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 Blood Oranges
- 300g Marscapone Cheese
- 150g Icing Sugar
- 200ml Whipping Cream
- ½ Vanilla pod scraped out
- (or ½ tsp vanilla extract)
- 4 Tbsp Honey
- 50g Crushed Pistachio Nuts
- 50ml Cointreau (Optional)