- Wash the Jersey Royals in plenty of water until they are clean (Peeling optional)
- Cook in plenty of salted boiling water until just tender. (do not use a rolling boil, just a gentle simmer to ensure they do not break up).
- Refresh in cold water, drain.
- Finely dice the red onion and peppers and mix with the chopped gherkins.
- Cook the bacon (optional) until crispy and allow to cool slightly. Cut into thin strips and add to the peppers.
- Mix the grain mustard and the oil together. Mix all the ingredients gently together reserving a good pinch of chopped parsley.
- Place into a serving bowl and sprinkle with the remaining chopped parsley.
Serves 8 to 10
- 1 kg Jersey Royal Potatoes
- ¼ Red Pepper
- ¼ Yellow Pepper
- 2 tbsp Chopped Flat Parsley
- 70g Chopped Gherkins
- 50g Fine Diced Red Onion
- 3 Rashers Crispy Bacon
- 1 tsp Grain Mustard
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to Seasoning